The former David Glendenning & Jane Atchison home, known as the “Glen House” home & store. It is located on the Northeast side of the railroad tracks in the centre of Harvey. The photo was taken prior to 1906 when the Lakeview Hotel was built. David Glendenning was Harvey’s first licensed teacher and the first postmaster. He conducted a general store which he opened shortly after the railway was built. This building is currently home to Atlantic Pewter and the Harvey Regional Heritage & Historical Association (2017).
Village of Harvey
Harvey Settlement in 1900 – as seen from the south east side of the railroad tracks.