This monument is located at the corner of Frog Lake Road and Route 3 and was dedicated in 1942 to commemorate the settlement of the area by the Little family 100 years previously. John and Jennie Little first came to New Maryland, New Brunswick, with their children in around 1832. Four of the brothers, James, David, Matthew, and John, subsequestly resettled in what is now known as Little’s Settlement in 1842. Their parents, and brothers, William and Robert, and sisters, Jeannie and Jane, followed a little later.
Source: The Little Family of Harvey Settlement 1786-1992. Compiled by Janet Swan Watson, Brenda Saunders Swan and JoceleanSwan Hall.
THE FAITH COURAGE
SACRIFICES AND ACHIEVEMENTS OF JOHN LITTLE HIS WIFE
JANET HUCHUAN AND FAMILY WHO CAME TO NEW MARYLAND IN 1832 SETTLED IN THIS PLACE
IN 1842 THEIR BIRTHPLACE
DUMFRIES IN SCOTLAND SEPTEMBER 1942