Undated photo of the former home of David Glendenning & Jane Atchison. The home was located on the N.E. side of the railroad tracks in the centre of Harvey.
In 1868 David Glendenning was appointed postmaster in
Harvey. He had come to Harvey as its first licensed school teacher in 1862. He came from Galloway, Kent County. In May of 1898 David retired as postmaster and his daughter
Mina M. Glendenning became the post mistress, a position she held for 40 years. That post office was located in the building owned by Floyd Thompson.