John Piercy was the founder of a store which did business in groceries, dry goods and general supplies. When John and family moved to British Columbia around 1875, the store was sold and later became known as G. Wesley Coburn and Sons.
In 1877 this store opened as James Coburn and Son. James “Jim” Coburn bought the store from the original owner, John Piercy. The general store sold dry goods and groceries. In 1890 James Coburn passed the store down to his son, G. Wesley Coburn. They had extensive trade in farm and household supplies. G. Wesley Coburn ran the store for 64 years.
The store has burnt down twice, and the current building is the third building, built after the fire of 1947.